Volunteering for IEEE is another term for individual’s growth as there are various opportunities that are associated with this responsibility. As an IEEE volunteer, one gains valuable management and leadership skills and other benefits like
- Advancing one’s knowledge in all aspects of technology and the sciences.
- Networking with others from around the world.
- Honing product and project management.
- Gaining confidence and enhancing communication skills.
The journey from being an IEEE member to an IEEE volunteer requires dedication, perseverance, active participation and passion to accomplish given tasks. One can explore the volunteering opportunities at every stage in the following ways:
- At Student Branch Level
- Participate and get involved in the activities that are organized at the branch level as it gives the insight of work;
- Contact your Exe-Com and Branch counsellor to put forth your ideas and suggestions;
- Initiate new ideas that could benefit student members and take responsibility to start a new society/ affinity group that would serve a purpose, as it gives an edge to your volunteering profile;
- At Delhi Section Level
- Social Networking sites are the main source to improve contacts, so be a member of Delhi Section SSN pages and groups.
- Be attentive to the volunteering calls that are posted on social networking sites for various events.
- Better networking leads to better opportunities. So, stay in touch with SAC team and branch Exe-Com.
- At India level
- Participating and working actively at section level enhances opportunities to work at this stage
- Attending various IEEE congresses proves to be a platform to improve networks and bonds that would benefit individuals and branch as a whole.
- It‘s said that personality might open doors but it’s one’s attitude that keeps the doors open. Hence, work effortlessly with the aim of benefitting IEEE members and society at large and that would be a doorway to individual success as well!